Welcome to the RADLD Australia National Committee page. Here you will find:
- Contact details for the RADLD Australia National Committee
- Information & resources relevant to Australian families, clinicians and educators
- Upcoming DLD events in Australia
RADLD Australia Ambassadors connect via a private Facebook group. To express your interest in joining the RADLD Australia Facebook page please visit the group page here.
- The DLD Project | The DLD Project is an Australian based social enterprise founded to elevate awareness and understanding of DLD in Australia. You can access a heap of FREE and paid resources for families, educators, health professionals and the broader community at their website. | https://thedldproject.com/
- Language Development Centres (Western Australia) | The Language Development Centres (LDCs) provide intensive support for students whose academic and social performance is seriously limited by disordered speech and language development. Visit their website HERE.
- Speech Pathology Australia | If you suspect your child may have DLD your first stop should be to see a speech pathologist. Speech Pathology Australia is the national peak body for the speech pathology profession in Australia. Speech pathologists are university trained allied health professionals with expertise in the assessment and treatment of communication difficulties. Head to the Speech Pathology Australia website to search for a certified practising speech pathologist near you. Speech Pathologists can run a number of assessments to better understand your child’s individual needs.
- Language Disorder Australia (Queensland) | Language Disorder Australia is a trusted national network of professionals and services, providing high-quality education, support and advocacy for children and young people with Language Disorder. This includes children with DLD. | https://languagedisorder.org.au/
- Developmental Language Disorder Australia | This is an Australian parent-led support and advocacy page for children and families with Developmental Language Disorder (DLD). Visit the page HERE.
- DLD Awareness Day- Friday October 20, 2023 | Developmental Language Disorder Day will be on Friday October 20th this year. https://radld.org/dld-awareness-day/
Things you can do right now to get involved:
- Write a letter to local landmarks asking them to light up in purple (or purple and yellow). Preform letter is here for you: https://radld.org/dld-awareness-day/light-up-events/
- Become an ambassador and meet others who are raising awareness of DLD. https://radld.org/get-involved/ambassadors/
- Donate some money https://radld.org/get-involved/donations/
- Form a group with friends, family members and colleagues to plan together.
DLD INFORMATION & RESOURCES
- Use RADLD Social Media resources (zoom backgrounds, e signatures, Tik Tok and IG frames)
- DLD Information from Speech Pathology Australia
- DLD Fact Sheet created by The DLD Project.
- DLD Evidence Brief to support NDIS applications created by The DLD Project
- The Talking DLD Podcast
DLD AustraliaN Research
- The prevalence of and potential risk factors for Developmental Language Disorder at 10 years in the Raine Study | Samuel D Calder, Christopher G. Brennan-Jones, Monique Robinson, Andrew Whitehouse, Elizabeth Hill.