Here you will find the 2023 #DLDday materials plus resources from previous campaigns.
2023 DLD Around the World RESOURCES
GET YOUR BAKE ON FOR #DLDDAY
Get your Bake on for #DLDday 2023! We’ve created all of the resources you’ll need to hold a fantastic fundraiser for RADLD. We can’t wait to see your photos!
DLD FACT SHEETS
SOCIAL MEDIA / Zoom
NB: You need Avery code L7160 address labels or compatible to print the stickers: 7×3 stickers on each sheet, size 3.81cm x 6.35cm.
Other RADLD Resources
PREVIOUS #DLDDAY CAMPAIGN RESOURCES
Did you know that 84% of people with access to the internet use social media? This is why it’s so important we make the most of this free and easy to use platform to raise awareness. We want to spread the word and tell as many people as possible about Developmental Language Disorder (DLD).
Below, we tell you about some of the ways to get involved on social media to support the campaign!
What social media platforms can I use?
- Like us on Facebook @radld.page or www.facebook.com/radld.page
- Follow us on Twitter @RADLDcam or www.twitter.com/radldcam
- Follow us on TikTok @RADLDCam
- Subscribe to us on YouTube or www.youtube.com/RADLD
- Post your own views and share your own experiences
- Share our posts and create your own in the lead up to DLD Awareness Day.
- Share the #DLDday campaign videos on social media when it is released.
- Make sure you use our campaign hashtags #DLDday on all posts.
- Use #DevLangDis all year around to discuss DLD
- Add @someone to your posts to target an organisation, individual or celebrity that you think needs to know about DLD or DLD Awareness
- Update your social media profile with our #DLDday frame
Share the RADLD films!
- DLD Around the World – Coming soon!
- Growing with DLD – Access Here
- #ThinkLanguage #ThinkDLD – Access Here
- Developmental Language Disorder: The Consensus Explained: bit.ly/DLDconsensusfilm
- DLD 1-2-3 film: This is the award winning film from our DLD Awareness Day from 2017. Access Here.
- You can share previous RADLD films too! Select your favourite from www.youtube.com/RADLD
Use our media release templates to submit a story to your local newspaper or magazine. Enter your name or organisation and add your own quotes, photos of your event or views of children/parents/professionals. For any media release inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
DLD Awareness Day Activities
- Speak at community events. Is there a community meeting you can attend and talk about DLD? Go for it!
- Hold a stand. School foyers, train stations, lunch rooms at work. Wherever there is a crowd, a stand would be great.
- Hand out resource packs to community services. Services supporting the community who are likely to encounter people with DLD (so every service) would benefit from you stopping by and dropping off some resources. Why not challenge them to support DLD Awareness Day by wearing purple and yellow on the day.
- Put up posters. We’ve got a heap of FREE posters online. Download them and put them up everywhere.
- Change your email signature or screensaver. It is a simple but effective way to spread the word to people you know.
- Make t-shirts. The RADLD logo is freely available on our website, so why not download it and get creative with your clothing!
- Host a lunch and learn session. Get your colleagues together and talk to them about DLD. You can show them one of our Youtube movies.
- Put RADLD stickers on everyone and tell them why the need to know and support DLD!
- Make and hide #DevLangDis rocks for the public to find. How cool is this idea?! One of our Ambassadors came up with this great way to make the general public more DLD aware. Simply decorate the rocks and hide them all over the community. You could even add an ask for them to share their find online with their networks.
- Organise a light up event for a local landmark.
Disclaimer: All material at www.RADLD.org has been created or collated for the express purpose of partnering with the community to foster a substantial increase in international awareness of Developmental Language Disorder. RADLD and the International Committee accept no responsibility for the alteration or misuse of these materials by other parties once downloaded from www.RADLD.org. RADLD and the International Committee reserves the right to protect materials from alteration and misuse, including the RADLD logo.